Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Food, glorious food!

I am really enjoying our team dinners.  It's been a fantastic way to get to know everyone, discuss our projects and personal interests, and plan our sightseeing activities here in South Africa.

There are several people who enjoy cooking and have taken turns preparing feasts in the evening. Anil has made dal, Sharon has made ziti, Priya has made spectacular rice dishes that I wish I knew the name of and had the recipes for :-), and tonight Immi and Steffen made german potato salad, sausages, pasta and green salad:

Immi and Steffen

 Close-up of our feast:
 

 I had an apple pie workshop for Anna and together we created a masterpiece:
 

I've been trying to get Immi to "de-shine" my photos, but no luck, so here I am, with Anna, in my shiny glory:


Everyone enjoyed the pie, especially Tak:



And we had an unexpected guest at dinner: Smokey, our housecat:



Tonight we decided that we would go to Port Elizabeth on Saturday morning, spend the day exploring that city, and stay overnight in a hostel that Steffen has booked for us.  We'll get up before dawn on Sunday and head to Addo Elephant Park for a 6 am sunrise game tour and then wind our way back to East London.  Sounds like it will be a fantastic weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 AM

    Wow, I'm hungry just reading this! Sounds like you've made wonderful friendships while breaking bread. Planning a farewell dinner Thanksgiving style? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:28 PM

    I think that is Natasha's South African cousin :-)

    ReplyDelete