Monday, August 01, 2005

The leg is stable!

I just got the call from Dr. Palmisano. Lady's leg is stablized. The external device he's used has 2 pins above the break and 2 pins below and comes to just below her little knee. When he did the surgery he found evidence of the bone trying to heal, so he thinks that is a good sign. He wanted to send her home tomorrow but I asked if they would keep her one more day and he agreed. This is an 8-12 week recovery and we'll take a set of x-rays in about 6 weeks.

I did find another vet, Dr. Dattner of Brookfield Animal Hospital. I explained to him what was going on and he agreed to take Lady as a patient.

I'm glad she's stable but I'm so nervous to bring her home. She is such a happy little girl and when she sees that she's going to go outside she gets really excited. We need to keep her quiet.

Freddie and I have set up the infirmary and I will make up her walk, med and feeding chart. Aunt P wants to bejewel her e-collar :-). A little color and sparkle would be nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment