Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Resorting to the cork

I continue to be a basket case over the dog. It is critical that we get her to bear weight on the leg. We have the set of exercised prescribed by the physical therapist, but last night Lady got scared and peed all over the carpet when we tried to do them. So, this morning, I gave her a lovely massage and then got out the tripe treats - Dr. Harvey's. She did the exercises in exchange for some treats.

I gave Gail, the PT, a progress report and Gail said to try the cork trick. So, I took a wine bottle cork, cut 1/3 off, put it between the pads of her good back foot and secured it there with gauze. Sure enough, it made Lady uncomfortable enough that she put weight on her bum stick. Gail said I could do that 2-3 times/day and that perhaps Lady would get to the point where, when she saw the cork, she would just start walking for me.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment